Grilled Tequila Marinated Steak
Grilled Tequila Marinated Steak with all the trimming to make Mexican Fajitas or just to enjoy a grilled steak,is a big party favorite at our casa. We like to have a few friends over every couple of weeks. During the early evening, weather permitting, I like to grill up a light meal to serve with the wine, cerveza and fresh fruit juice being served.
We don’t do steak very often and when we do, we also offer a second choice for our friends that do not eat beef. Grilled Tequila Marinated Steak needs some time for the marinate to do its thing so this is one I preplan according to the guest list.
- Grilled Tequila Marinated Steak
- 1½ pounds of flank steak or steak of your choice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup tequila,
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
tbsp. cooking oil of your choice
tsp. freshly ground black pepper
tsp. sea salt
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded, sliced into thin strips
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large sweet onion sliced into thin strips
- 10 flour tortillas (corn tortillas are
- Stir together the lime juice, tequila, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and cooking oil.
- Place the steak along with half of the
marinatein a large zip-lock bag.
- Place the onions and bell peppers along with the remaining marinate in another zip-log bag,
- Seal the bags and place in the refrigerator for from 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Coat the grill rack with cooking oil. Remove the steak from the
marinateand grill for about 8 minutes per side, if you want a well done steak, half that time for med-rare.
- While the steak is grilling,
sauteethe vegetables in a pan that has been coated lightly with cooking oil until they are soft.
- Remove the vegetables and the steak from the heat.
- Keep the vegetables warm while the steak is resting for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- During the time the steak is resting
- Slice the steak, and serve on a platter with the vegetables and warm tortillas.
For Garnishes I offer one or two different salsas, usually a red and a green, Guacamole, as well as a little melted garlic butter.
Steak: Always start with open range grass feed beef. A serving size should be about 3 oz. although most steaks are between 6 and 10 ounces. Steak is an excellent source of protein as well as vitiman B-12, selenium, niacin and zinc all of which are very important as we age. B-12 can also be found in wild caught salmon and other fish.
When we can get sweet corn, which is not often here in Mexico, I will also grill corn on the cob and serve as a side dish along with butter, mayo, parmesan cheese, and ground chili powder.
Summer will soon be upon us here in Mexico and it is time to start planning those outdoor cookouts. This is a recipe that you can change up a little and make it your own.
Quick Marinade if you are only cooking for one or two and you are going to enjoy the Grilled tequila marinated steak with other foods
Juice from 2 limes, 1/2 cup tequila, 3 cloves of garlic minced, 3 tsp cooking oil.
Mix the marinade together then follow the steps listed above leaving out the bell peppers and sweet onion.
Eat Healthy Foods, Laugh often with friends, Enjoy life