Wheat-Free Banana Walnut Bread.
Wheat-Free Banana Walnut Bread is on todays menu. Do you often find yourself with bananas that are ripening faster than you can eat them? Here is a bread that will help use them before they spoil. And it makes a nice item to take to the office or give as a gift, plus it freezes well so if you have to much you can always freeze some to enjoy later.’
We have about 12 banana trees on our property here in Mexico so we are always looking for ways to use bananas. While we give a lot away, we always end up with more than we need so things like wheat-free banana walnut bread is another item that makes a nice gift when visiting friends. Of course you can find it on the chefs kitchen table often,
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. gluten-free baking soda
- ½ tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 3 Tbl. coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 3 farm fresh free range eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup sugar-free syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 Tbl. water
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using butter or coconut oil, grease a bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Using a whisk or wooden spoon, mix well to combine completely.
- Combine mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, syrup, vanilla, and water in a separate bowl.
- Add this mixture to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts and stir again to mix completely.
- Position the rack in the centre of the oven and bake for 45 minutes then
- the tooth pick will come out dry if not continue baking but remove after 1 hour of baking.regardless or it will be too dry. The baking time can vary slightly depending on the size of the loaf.
With the holidays ahead of us, this is a good time to make some Wheat-Free Banana Walnut Bread to serve when guests stop by for a visit.
Walnuts: We always like to highlight one of the items in a recipe for it’s health and nutritional benefits, and today the star of the show is walnuts. Walnuts are an excellent source of both vitamin E and a lot of the B-compound of vitamins. As for the minerals, walnuts give us potassium, calcium, manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium. There are a lot of benefits walnuts give our bodies to work with, but remember they are also calorie dense so don’t go overboard and start eating them by the handful.
Wheat-Free Banana Walnut Bread can be a gluten-free recipe depending on the syrup you use. We share gluten-free recipes that we use in our house although many of our recipes contain gluten so always check the ingredients carefully..
Enjoy Healthy Foods, Laugh often with friends, Enjoy lire